When it comes to doing “her own thing”, Gina Luker is an expert. Just by paving her own path, Gina has been able to develop a loyal following of over 700,000 people on her social media and her blog, The Shabby Creek Cottage, which continues to grow without much effort. Like any true DIY lover, Gina put her own personal stamp on both her projects and her marketing strategy. In this episode, I chat with Gina about how she got started and the road that led to her six-figure success.
Gina Luker is a writer, photographer, and master of home renos. Gina started her blog, the Shabby Creek Cottage, when she and her family moved into her childhood home and started documenting their remodeling projects. A girl after my own heart, quirky and creative Gina has described herself as having a drill in one hand and a margarita in the other. Following the success of her blog, Gina went on to start Gina Luker.com, where she now teaches other bloggers how to generate traffic to their sites and make money online.
In this episode, we cover:
- Doing what works. How to capitalize on the interest you receive on your ideas and posts and turn it into additional content and products that will continue to make you money.
- Staying true to your own brand. Why you need to do what works for you, despite what other people think or say.
- The importance of sustainable content. Promoting older material to capture new followers.
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Visit Gina’s website, Gina Luker and The Shabby Creek Cottage
- Connect with Gina on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind-the-scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you:
#1 Grab Your Creatives on Fire™ Content Planner:
This is an invaluable tool for anyone who creates content online and wants to keep track and know exactly what you need to be doing on a daily basis to make it happen.
#2 Join us inside Creatives on Fire™ FUEL:
Did you know we have a great community of creatives that are waiting to meet you? Join us over inside Creatives on Fire FUEL today!
#3 Spark Your Business Course:
You’re just one step away from making REAL money from your hobby. Spark Your Business is waiting for you… are you ready?